Monday 18 October 2010

Portrait of a friend

We are sitting by the lake at north Mälarstrand drinking coffee. It´s a sunny day and I feel the autumn is in the air. I breathe. I´m with my friend, Emma.
She is a woman of many faces. She is the most calm and coolest but at the same time she is totally crazy. She has a lot of humor and self irony but is also very deep and emotional.



During daytime she is working at HM buying office. After work Emma is a singer and songwriter for her band Fixx Aztridh. The music is inspired of 70`s rock. Her voice could be explained like "an angel that have been drinking to much whiskey and slept with the devil".

Who is Emma?
I consider my self to be simple but I always ask myself if people understand me at all. I´m a bit of everything , little to much.... I always belive that my world is better than every one else. Hahaha...
My childhood has of course made me who I am today. It was a tuff time and most of my anguish is from my childhood. At the same time I´m really grateful, this made me.




Where do get your inspiration for your music and lyrics?

I have from time to time alot of anguish and depressions. I never write when I´m depressed. I´m most creative when I´m happy and feeling good. I also get inspiration from the everyday people often it´s the most grey or shy people that gives me the most inspiration.



What does your music mean to you?
Through my music I can be, me. I can be week, strong, happy or sad. I don´t want to tell people what they should feel while listening to my music. I want them to feel free to have their own interpretations.


What kind of music do you listen to? 

I listen to all kind of music. For me it´s all about having a soul. I really need to feel something, either I want to dance, sing or cry. Music with no soul is no music to me. 


At the moment I listen a lot to Led Zeppelin, Damien Rise and Ben Harper.






Fixx Aztridh?
I wanted to have a name that felt 70´s. Something old with an attitude. Aztridh means straight forward. The name just came to me and felt so right.


favorite text from any of your songs?
Hahaha..yes I have. This is from my first song ever.
" A fool is the game where lost is the winner and the looser wins in the end"

If I say fashion..?
Fashion for me is to take a trend and make it your own, to pick just some things to complete your style and it´s a way to express yourself. You can really choose how you want people to see you.
If you want to look rich, artist or just show your personality.

Her first EP will soon be ready and then I will share it with all of you. Feel free to get your own interpretations and feelings from the music.


love mimmi

No comments:

Post a Comment